Dear HNP Families,
We are so excited to start our new school year next week! We welcome back our returning students and look forward to meeting our new students!
We also welcome some new staff members! In our Red Fish (A) room , we welcome Leeann Crisman, our Lead teacher and Wendy Zhang, our teacher's aide. Leeann has a B.A. in Child Adolescent Development from SF State University and has five years of teaching experience. Wendy recently graduated from SJ State University with a B.A. in Child Adolescent Development. In our Blue Fish class, we welcome Kathy Araullo, our teacher's aide. Kathy has over forty Early Childhood Education units and over 30 years of teaching/nannying experience. We are thrilled to have Ms. Leeann, Ms. Wendy and Ms. Kathy join us! The RF room teachers are: RF (A)- Ms. Leeann, Ms. Joselyn, Ms. Wendy, Ms. Ann/RF (B) teachers-Ms. Kristy, Ms. Marilu and Ms. Tara. The BF teachers are: PreK-Ms. Lucy, Ms. Jane, Ms. Sunjoo/T-K -Ms. Liz, Ms. Kathy & Ms. Sabrina. On our sign-in table and doors will be a list of which classroom your child has been assigned to.
Other staff news would be that Ms. Sandy will now be our in-house substitute teacher. Ms. Sandy is returning to school to obtain her Masters in Human Development with an Emphasis in Early Childhood Education.. We are excited to have Ms. Sandy as our substitute as she is very familiar with our program and families. Ms. Sara has moved to the "big school" and will be the Spanish and ELA (English/Language/Arts) pull-out teacher. Fortunately for us and the students, Ms. Sara will be able to come and visit us!
Thank you parents for returning your forms! If you haven't done so, please return them by the end of next week. Everyone will receive a tuition book in their child's cubbie. Again, your August tuition is prorated in half (the only month this is done). If you have a sibling in the elementary school or in the preschool, you will receive a 10% discount. The August tuition is due by August 23rd. Going forward, the monthly tuition is due by the 10th of each month.
Some important reminders:
- Your child must always be dressed in uniform. Free Dress days will be announced ahead of time.
- Please label your child's Holy Name sweatshirt!
- Nappers, please bring a small blanket (labeled), no pillow or sleeping bags
- Non-nappers, pick-up is by 1:00 pm in the Flanagan Center
- Please bring an extra set of clothing (including shoes)
- Do not park in the White Zone during morning drop-off!
- Monday (Aug. 19th) & Tuesday (Aug 20th), there should be easy parking. Coffee and treats will be available in the Flanagan Center from 8:00-9:30 am.! Meet our parents!
- Wednesday (Aug. 21st), the elementary school begins and parking will be difficult especially between 7:45 am-8:15 am as there will be the school's traffic patrol guiding traffic. It will be particularly difficult to find parking as the elementary school's hours will be brief (8:00-10:00 am) and most parents will stay to attend the Orientation Meeting in the gym.
- Bring sunscreen (labeled)
- Attached is the August lunch menu. Please do not bring additional snacks/lunch unless it was agreed upon with the staff.
- Please see a draft of the preschool's calendar-Preschool Calendar. The holidays and vacation schedules are on it.
- Labor Day, Sept. 2nd-Preschool Closed
- Friday, Sept. 6th, Back to School Night-6:00-7:00 pm (Parents only)
- Sunday, Sept. 15th-Spirit Mass 9:30 am Everyone is invited!
Please email/call me with any questions or concerns. We look forward to a wonderful school year with all of you!
Alice & the Staff